Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Yes we can!"

I thought since today we got a new President, I should use something political as my quote. Truth is, I am trying to use it in my daily life as my mom and I struggle to piece together this HORRIBLE puzzle! We sit for hours rejoicing over every piece we put together, because they are so few and far between. My mom frequently clenches her fists and shakes, imitating my frustration release methods of childhood. We have not given up hope yet. We will not accept defeat, because "Yes we can!"

It was nice today to watch the inauguration festivities as we worked. No matter who you voted for, the emotion of the day was palpable even through the TV in Indiana. Today, we witnessed history. It is one of those moments you feel like you are living during something really important. It always makes me feel special and accomplished. I can't explain it really, maybe you feel the same way.

I also got a haircut today and packed. WOOHOO! At least that is out of the way. I hate packing. I don't care how exciting it is where I am going, I wish wiggling my nose would put it all in the suitcase, because I HATE packing. Oh well, one less thing to do. 2 1/2 more days and I am on my way.

PS. All of you enjoying the NC snow...I CAN'T BELIEVE IT SNOWED WHEN I LEFT!!! I am jealous and angry, and I miss you all so much. Much love and Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty happy I got to talk to you last night! And don't worry about missing the snow... by now it's just an icy annoyance we have to deal with.

Miss you!! Love you!!