Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"The same car was wrecked three times by three different people by 11 am." -Jerry Benham

I apologize for not blogging last night, but I had technical difficulties. I am not sure if it was the computer or the internet, but I couldn't get the blog to work. For those of you who have already tried to read my blog, I am sorry. For those of you who didn't even notice, ignore what I just said.

Nothing extremely exciting happened yesterday, but I spent my last day with Justin before I leave :(. It was sad when he left, but we really had a perfect day. Of course I can't tell you about the day without explaining my quote. In southern Indiana we got between 1-2" of snow which is no problem for the main highways to handle, but Justin lives down a winding backroad at the top of a very steep hill. Since he is home and running low on cash, he went to work for his dad. On the way to work his grandpa drove the car into a ditch because he missed a curve and slid on the snow. Later, Justin was driving home and tried to make it up their hill that was so covered with snow, kids were sledding down it. Needless to say, he also ended up in a ditch. When his father came to help him get it out, he exited the ditch, only to slide into the ditch on the other side of the road. That is how the same car ended up in 3 ditches, by 3 people by 11 am.

Sadly that story was way more interesting than the rest of my day. I found it very enjoyable, but it was pretty low key. The good news is, I beat Justin, his mom, and his sister in Yahtzee! Now I have to get packing. I will write you all again tonight.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey Megan
I am a friend of your parents. I met your dad on the last Emmaus Walk, and I have met you once at Hursttown. I hear a lot about you from your dad. I will be excited to read along as you go on your exciting adventure. Be safe and know that Our God is watching over you. Have an awesome time!