Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"MY SOUP IS BETTER" -Me

See Mom, it is writing. That makes it the ultimate truth. I'm sure you are all very confused, but you need to understand only one thing, my soup was better than my mom's. You see it has become not only a small dispute, but also the theme of the day. Ask anyone who has come in contact with my mom and I today. Kyle and Justin heard it over the phone, and poor Dad and Taniesha can't escape the battle in their own home.

My day started like any normal day. The alarm went off at 8 am, I took a shower, put on my favorite green sweater, printed off my immunization records, and went to get my TB test checked. Now I didn't want to alarm anyone, but I was concerned about my TB test. It was red, swollen, and itchy on a spot about 1" on my arm. I was nervous about my trip to the health department, but no fears. Turns out the swelling has to be a pea-shaped bump to be positive. I wish someone would have told me that before I had myself believing I had tuberculosis.

When I got home and shared the good news with my mom, we headed to the doctor. I wasn't even in the doctor for an hour, which is quite the feat at our doctor. Then I got some super nice sunglasses for $100 off! SCORE! Then the battle began when Mom and I headed to Panera Bread for lunch. I got the Chicken Tortilla soup (which is better) and Mom got the Creamy Tomato soup (which is not better) to go along with our half sandwiches. After tasting each others we began the battle, "My soup is/was better!"

We finished up our productive day with a shopping spree for shampoo, contact solution, etc. I had to stock up for the things I would need in Egypt. All and all, Mom and I were convinced that the day was productive and that we each had the better soup. At least we thought it was productive until we made it home and the doctor called to inform me that I needed and HIV test and another Hep-A shot before I head to Egypt. Now I have to go back to New Albany tomorrow. Do these people not understand that I have to drive 45 min. on the interstate just to get this crap done. GRRRRR! I just wish I would have known before I had soup at Panera Bread. Sigh!

Hopefully tomorrow will finally end my health preparations for the trip. In the words of Forrest Gump (sorta), "That would be one less thing." I need you all to take away from this blog that "My soup was better." Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Father Rod said...

I beleive your mother's soup was better. As a matter of fact I believe I heard those words from you mom first, that technically makes the quote your mom's not yours. Love you, DAD

Anonymous said...

Just because I like to stir the pot (ha ha, soup pot, I should remember that one) anyways, Broccoli Cheddar is way better than either of those. Brock