Friday, January 23, 2009

"I'm leavin' on a jet plane. Don't know when I'll be back again." -John Denver

Well, I will be back again, but today is the day. My flight is set to depart at 4:35. With the weather predicted to be very mild for late January. It is actually possible that even flights traveling through Ohare will be on time. I still can't decide if I am nervous or excited. I think right now I am just a little stressed to get everything done. The Shelton's have to hit the road at 1 pm. I have 4 hrs. and 20 min. to tie up all loose ends here.

Yesterday was pretty stressful. Between luggage drama and AUC's technological failures, I was in meltdown mode on a couple of occasions. However, I am now packed, temporarily signed up for classes and am still in shock that I am leaving.

The best news about yesterday is we finished our puzzle! YAY! There is a piece missing (we are pretty sure Arena our cat stole it) and there is a piece that looks suspiciously out of place, but it fits. So by our standards on this puzzle, we are done. Justin, dad...we told you so!

I probably won't be able to write you again until Sunday because I am embarking on a 26 hr. journey. But I hope you all have Happy Fridays and Saturdays!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I wish you the best and have been praying for you and your family.

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad you finished that puzzle. I've been really stressed out about it! <3

Jessica said...

Have fun traveling Megan and stay safe! Please let us know when you arrive. Praying for you,
Jessica