Saturday, January 24, 2009

"Kyle is a closet bag dancer." -Taniesha

Apparently Kyle, like the dancer's at Tell City once danced with his head and upper body inside a pillowcase to show school spirit. I think he was a little embarassed that I was going to write about him on my blog, so I decided to make him the main event.

Of course what you all really want to know is where I am and how I am doing. I am in the heart of the international terminal of Heathrow airport in London. I was bored out of my mind, so I payed 2£ to sit on this uncomfortable chair at this internet kiosk to write to you (the sacrafices I make for you...lol). Not to mention the keyboard has keys in all the wrong places, and the spacebar is terribly inefficient. I think this will take me three times longer to type my blog.

If my calculations are correct (which it is quite possible that they are not), I am in my 18th hour of travel. And during my time in Heathrow, I have created great list of wonderings: 1)Why do Americans always dress like slobs compared to everyone else, 2)How does a Punjabi man develop such a brilliant British accent, 3) Why do European women insist on wearing shorts, tights, and high heels 4) When did fanny packs come back into style?

I have met some interesting characters along my journey. A Hungarian gentleman, 75, traveling back to Hungary to bury his sister. He told me stories of Atilla the Hun and his immigration from Hungary, to Germany, to the US. He says, do not speak to others louder or slower to help them understand. It will not work.

I met woman going home to see her mother in India for the first time in 3 years. It has been an interesting journey. Only 8 more hrs. to go. I miss everyone already.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Just thought I would check this blog thing out while I had a little time. It's really pretty neat. I'm looking forward to keeping up with how you're doing in Egypt. I will keep praying for you. Have fun and God Bless you!

Love you,
Lisa