Monday, January 12, 2009

"I would love to live in a castle...we could live together and not even have to see each other." -Katie Kimrey

So today's quote is not technically from today, but Lindsey's comment reminded me. Besides, it is one of the best quotes of all time. For future reference, I LOVED having a comment on my blog. So props to Lindsey being my first, and note to everyone else, continue to share the love.

I chose this quote because it reminds me of all the inside jokes, the support, and the friendships I have surrounding and filling and seeping out of the corners of my life. I went to church today and was overwhelmed by the comments of how much they missed me while I'm away, how nice it is to have me home, and how they will all have me in their prayers as I go abroad. I get home and get a call from Lindsey. We talked school talk, boy talk, friend talk, young child talk, and I realized how great my friends are all over.

Since I decided to go to college hundreds of miles from home, I am faced with a dilemma that is not necessarily completely unpleasant. I have people I love and miss all over, but I am never with them at the same time. Now somedays I understand the blessings of having so many people who love me, but others I lament the confusion and sense of loneliness I feel for those people in my heart. When I'm at school I miss home, and when I'm at home I miss school. I only pray that I can find a place for myself in Egypt that will cause me to have a new place to miss while I'm away.

Thanks to everyone who loves me enough to cause me to miss them. Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

betzfrits said...

Yeah, you just have to get used to missing people, I think. There's no way to get around that when you go to college (and grad school and seminary...) far from home. If you get married, though, you do get one shot at getting everyone in the same place for just a few hours--definitely worth the time and effort it takes! (Oh, and I'm finally reading your blog, while Brock and one of our friends play Wii tennis, after they both demolished me in Wii bowling three games in a row...)