Thursday, January 15, 2009

"Pretty sure all I need for my wedding is a good cake." -Taniesha

As you can see, my sister has never been one of those girls planning her wedding her entire life. (We are SO different sometimes.) The funny thing is I talked about weddings twice today, once because of nails and once because of CSI. I never thought that blood and forensics would ever end in a conversation about weddings, but TV does strange things to reality and logic. But I have just skipped major events of my day, so I'm going to back up.

My day started well before sunrise at 6:15 am. I showered, put on the warmest clothes I could find (I am ever indebted to my parents for my lovely purple UnderArmor sweatshirt), had a bowl of cereal, and headed out into the frigid outdoors. Of course I was up entirely too early, I had to drive entirely too far for the 2nd time in 3 days, and it was entirely too cold, but God created the most beautiful sunrise this morning. The sky was a wonderful plum color this morning, and the sun was a vibrant orange, but the combo filled the horizon with all shades of melon and periwinkle. Sometimes getting up early is worth it...SOMETIMES!

First I got a Hep-A shot. Beware, those things HURT! Then I headed to the hospital for an HIV test, so I can stay at AUC. I thought it was no big deal. I didn't have to wait too long. I'm pretty sure it was my nurses first day administering the test on the job, but she had someone with her, so I wasn't too panicked. She stuck my arm, and it didn't hurt one bit, but the blood wouldn't come fast enough. Both nurses apologized, and they had to do the other arm. I can honestly say it didn't bother me at all. Both nurses were nice, they didn't hurt me at all, I think it was one of the most pleasant needle experiences I have ever had...UNTIL...

I PASSED OUT! Can you believe it? Only 2 stupid vials! It didn't even hurt for cryin' out loud! The nurse says, only one more vial, you are doing great, and then I realized otherwise. They made me drink Coke, I about threw up, I had to eat crackers, and the poor new nurse was so flustered. I had to be one of her very first patients and I was a mess. I had to hang out there for a while because I was driving my self. But all and all it was a productive morning. By noon I had an immunization, given 2 vials of blood, passed out, picked up my new glasses, paid for my car loan at the bank, driven close to the width of Indiana, and was having lunch with my dad.

I finished my day by getting my nails done with Tiffany, our Christmas treat to ourselves/each other. Then I ate chili (w/noodles) w/my family and settled down to watch DUKE! It is very lonely to watch a Duke game by yourself, I miss you fellow Dukies! At least we won!

Tomorrow promises to be in the single digits for the high, snowing :), and lazy! Happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

AimeeC said...

I can't believe you passed out!
All that drama and I'm sure you don't even have HIV. Well, at least I hope not, unless you became a heroine addict at Duke and I don't know know about it.

betzfrits said...

I realize that there are people out there who eat chili without noodles, but they are just silly.

betzfrits said...

Oh, and most weddings are improved with good cake. Other things are helpful, too, though, in my opinion...