Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"Do you know Shakira?" -Jake



So tonight was not really what I expected, but it was still fun. I went on a cruise on the Nile River. It was a lot like going on the Belle of Louisville. However, there was a band with a belly dancer and a whirling dervish. The belly dancer was not very good. She mostly moved her boobs instead of her belly, and I'm not going to lie, it was hard not to stare at her barely covered, lavishly embellished chest. She pointed at several of us to go dance with her and I was one. Not really a great experience. I am a terrible dancer, I don't think I could ever be confident doing these things. I must say, in my embarassment, my attempt was little more than a feeble shimmy.

The singer was actually terrible. He kept singing songs in English and Spanish instead of Arabic. Jake cheered him on by asking if he knew songs by Elvis, Shakira, Michael Jackson, and Enrique Iglesias. It was over all a fun night. If I can get my computer to work with my camera, I will upload the pictures tomorrow.

I have met my roommate now. Her name is Jamese. She is more talkative than I am, confident in everything she does, highly amusing, an
d does her own thing. So far so good. We have already started a ridiculous list of roommate responsiblities. I must know what she has eaten in case she dies from poisoning. If she is singing, let her sing, she has to let it out. Tell her 20 min. before time to go and she will only be 5 min. late. LOL! She must give advice on all wardrobe decisions. Tell me if there is something in my teeth or a booger in my nose. She must kill any spider within a 10ft. radius of our room. I hope things continue on this happy first day.

During the day today I signed up for my Arabic classes. Wednesday I have an appointment to sign up for my other classes. The university has successfully lost almost all of the records to the courses we signed up for, and the ladies today were frustrated by the number of students needing help registering. Go figure! I also was able to take a nap. That was great except for now I'm awake while everyone else is sleeping. I am going to have to force myself to sleep. Happy Monday.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow. An interesting list of roommate responsiblities. Has she felt the need to sing yet? IF so, is she any good?

taniesha said...

Really Megan did you think your attempt at belly dancing would be anything but feeble? Picture this though...Sara Diehl and I belly dancing.

mls45 said...

I have heard Jamese sing once and it is decent (thank goodness). I'm sure Sarah Diehl and you, Taniesha, would be the bomb, bomb belly dancers.