Thursday, January 22, 2009

I no doubt deserved my enemies, but I don't believe I deserved my friends. -Walt Whitman

I have decided to dedicate this blog to friendship for several reasons. 1) Our family and our church lost a dear friend today 2) I got to spend the evening with Tiffany and Braden (love that kid) 3) I got to talk on the phone with my girlfriends @ Duke...God has his way of reminding you what is important.

We got a call today that the lady at my dad's church who teaches Sunday school passed away. It was so sudden. She taught Sunday school on Sunday. Her name was Mae Lee, one of those names you just have to say together. When we first attended I thought her name was like LeeAnn or Anna Mae, but turns out Lee is her last name. The church is so small there is only one class, so in 5th grade I attended it with my family. I remember thinking, "This lady makes Sunday school w/old people fun." If you didn't know her, you would have loved her. Everyone did.

I got to spend my evening with Tiffany. I forget how much I miss her, until I with her again. Of course Braden is precious too. He sat across from me tonight telling me he loved me and saying "Aaaahhhh" after every drink. I got to help him take his bath, read him a story and say goodbye. It is sad to leave, but I'm glad I got to spend time with them before I go.

The conversations I have had with my friends at Duke, whether it is e-mail, im, or phone have made me very happy. I am sad because I miss them all so much, but just knowing I have friends missing me makes me realize the blessings in my life.

I love you all! Happy Wednesday!

No comments: