Sunday, January 25, 2009

"Oh my gosh, there is a mouse in my room." -girl next door (I need to learn her name)

That is how I woke up today. Granted it was 11 am, but I didn't get here until 3 and I didn't get settled until 4. Things are already adventurous here and I haven't even left my dorm this morning. I woke up to the neighbor girl bringing housekeeping in because she saw a mouse in her room...great news. Better news, they never found it. I'm hoping she was crazy, but I believe her. The dorms here are brand new and really nice, but you can tell they are still in the construction process, not to mention with the looks of the grout in the bathroom and the drywall of the ceiling in there, I wouldn't buy it if it were a house.

The airport was an experience. God blessed me with a couple sitting by me on a plane. They live in London for a month and then Cairo for a month for the husband's job . They have a daughter and a son around my age. When we got off the plane they told me to buy my visa for $2 more from this man. I trusted them and it turns out since I did, I didn't have to go through customs. He kinda just guided me through the airport...lol. I had just gotten to the country and already paid a guy off.


I could totally drive in Egypt. All you have to do is speed up ridiculously fast, slam on your brakes to slow down and honk your horn at all times. It is pretty nuts. Well, I'm off to begin my adventures for the day. When I get my room set up, I will post some pictures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can definitely agree with the part of you being able to drive there.

Amy said...

that sounds about like driving in Guatemala!

I am glad you arrived safely. Let the adventures begin!

Jessica said...

Megan you are such a riot. I love reading your blog. Ahhh... to be young and adventurous! I can hardly wait to hear what happens next.