Wednesday, January 14, 2009

“Most of American life consists of driving somewhere and then returning home, wondering why you went.” -John Updike

I chose this quote for today for 2 reasons, 1) I didn't hear a quote funny enough, and 2) I realize that while I'm home I spend more time in the car in one day than most average people do in a week. The good news is, I didn't have to go back to the doctor to get my HIV test today. The bad news is I have to do it tomorrow, among other errands. Tomorrow I will put almost 200 mi. on my car. Yes, tomorrow alone. Sigh, the joys of living the rural life. If only more populated areas kept the familiarity present in rural areas.

Since I didn't go anywhere today, I spent the day reading and working a puzzle with my mom. We are starting to lose our patience on this impossible puzzle, but we can't and won't give up. Although we worked a long time today and made an insignificant amount of progress. Even the cats tried to help. Hmmm...maybe that was part of our problem.

I spent my evening at a high school girls basketball game. It was not a very enjoyable game to tell the truth. We should have slaughtered the other team, at least we still won. The refs were bad...both ways bad. Justin's sister didn't play 1/2 the game because she had 4 fouls. And when we left the game, we froze our butts off in the 14 degree BITTER COLD! Cold is NOT worth it if there is no snow :(.

Wow, I need to sleep because I have a jammed packed day tomorrow. I hope you all had HAPPY TUESDAYS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you didn't spit on anyone as you were typing "BITTER COLD"