Friday, February 6, 2009

I can do all things, through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

First I have to apologize to the readers that were missing my blog last night. It was a really late night here, and I thought my writing skills may improve with some rest.

This has been my favorite Bible verse since I had to memorize it in Bible school, but since my time in Egypt, I have come to understand it in a new light. Everything is more difficult here: going to the store, riding in a car, even breathing as smoke and pollution fill your lungs every time you inhale. While things are so much more difficult, I realize that I have survived, only losing my voice. Every moment of success feels like a gold medal. I have learned that all small tasks deserve the praise and glory of God.

Last night I was really blessed by God's opportunities. I came here specifically to do research on the Coptic Christians. As of yet, I haven't started my research, but on the bus last night I talked to a guy that is here from Orange County, California. Turns out most of his family lives in Cairo, and they are Coptic Christians...YAY! What a revelation! Okay, well I need to get food. Happy Thursday/Friday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice timing too! ;D LOL!