Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"Apparently on my birthday I had a party that I wasn't invited to." Senna

The funniest story I heard all day was about this girl Sinna's birthday. (sidenote...I don't think I'm spelling her name correctly) Apparently her birthday was the first week we were here, and a rumor began about her party. The "party" was at Sequoia, and a great time was had by all, except for the birthday girl, because no one thought to invite her. I find it so amusing that a rumor can be so effective. LOL! I thought you might enjoy this little antecdote.

Another great story...we had a mouse in our room. I wasn't here for the action, but I will try to portray the events to you as best I can through second hand knowledge. Jamese discovered the mouse climbing her desk and headed toward the bed. What followed was a piercing scream awakening one of the girls on our hall and alerting the security guards. At first, the mouse was lost and Jamese proceeded to destroy her entire side of the room to find the interloper. Once out in the open, Bonita (girl from hall) trapped the mouse under the trashcan. The janitors disposed of it somehow. Sounds like the mouse was no bigger than a thumb. I'm glad it is out of our room, but I am sad for it.

One bonus from all of this, our room is now the cleanest it has been since we moved in. Now, I know you are all thinking it is my fault, but honestly it is not. Shreya, you would die if you saw how Jamese "organizes" her stuff.

On a different note, I need suggestions/reflections. If it weren't for the sudden mouse incident I would be lost as to what to write tonight. I can only whine about the amounts of Arabic homework I have so many times. What have I done that is interesting? What was, well, not so much? Please let me know. I figure you are the ones that have to read it...I'm just along for the ride. Happy Wednesday!

No comments: