Wednesday, May 6, 2009

"We are in the teens now...19 days." -Mika

I'm so sorry for neglecting you the past couple of days, but since I last wrote to you I have had TONS to do. I have taken a huge Arabic exam, prepared a 15 min. presentation that we didn't even have time for me to give (ugh), written a 10 pg. short-story, and did 7 exercises for my Arabic class. The work is a little overwhelming right now, but I'm hoping I can get a lot done this weekend. My week is pretty calm now, so I'm already considering it my weekend.

Nothing really has happened in three days anyways, besides me losing lots of sleep. Until last night that is. I went to bed really early, and my mom called me at like 10, but I was already sleeping. Sorry, Mom. I'm hoping to get a lot accomplished this weekend, but in a relaxing way. Being so stressed with so much work really makes me hate being here. I don't want to end on such a bad note, because I have really enjoyed my time here, but I have been away from home too long. With all the work and all the things I miss from home, I'm afraid that my final impressions of Egypt will affect my overall outlook on the experience.

One good thing did happen yesterday. In my creative writing class, we had to present our latest poems to the class, and everyone really liked mine. It is pretty unusual, because I'm really bad at writing poetry, so that made me pretty happy. I chose to be the first to get their final short-story critiqued, so the whole class is reading my story and critiquing me tomorrow...I'm pretty nervous. We will see.

I'm pretty sure that is all the news I have. I think this Friday Mika and I are going to Garbage City and the Cave Church here in Cairo, so that should be fun and I will have cool pictures for you. Until then my life will be pretty boring, but I will try to keep you updated. Have wonderful Wednesdays.

1 comment:

AimeeC said...

Megan, I felt this way by the end of my semester abroad but now I want to go back so bad. I don't think your homesickness is going to ruin your experience and its completely understandable. I hope you have a better next couple of weeks!