Friday, April 24, 2009

"When I say Yugo, you say Slavia..." -Mika

"Yugo"...

I am hoping at this point you all yelled, "Slavia." If not, I must say, I don't know if we can be friends anymore. You get bonus points if you did it out loud in a quiet place, e.g. library, or office cubicle. Anyways, Mika and I have decided to help each other study for the foreign service exam. I'm not 100% sure that is what I want to do with my life, but I talked to Justin, and his philosophy is what will it hurt. So, tonight I have studied up on world flags to start with. I have learned a lot by taking online quizzes...who knew I was so unknowledgeable.

I have good news otherwise, I had a good evening in Cairo! Yay! Granted, Mika and I had to go to the very westernized mall to get something for Mika's computer, but it went over without any problems. The buses were on time, the food was good, the people were helpful and not creepy. It was relaxing for once. Definitely what I needed to help me realize how much fun I can actually have here. Hopefully things continue to get better.

Here are some good cultural experiences from tonight. Mika and I just happened to be the only two on the paticular bus we took, the driver was first listening to Um Kalthuum (a famous Egyptian singer), then we listened to the Qur'an, then all of the sudden he started blasting Akon...oh Egypt. Then the guy at the computer store joked about how relaxed/lazy Egyptians are versus how stressed Americans are. It is true, but at least we are productive.

I really think that is all that has happened to me. After getting up late, hearing about Jamese's journeys and a trip to the gym, I have been a lot less than productive, but at least I have had a better day. I hope your days are going well too. Happy Friday, again!

4 comments:

betzfrits said...

I am sorry, Megan. I did not say, "Slavia." I am "working on a paper" in the Div School Library Reference Room, for perhaps the first (and last) time, except for sermons and two other papers that required using the materials in the Reference Room. Seann Duffin is here, with Elizabeth, and I'm pretty sure that if I yelled "Slavia," both of them would come beat me up, followed closely by all the other students who are "writing papers" in here today...Good luck studying... ;)

Lindsey said...

I said it in my mind. Does that count? Can I still be your friend?

mls45 said...

For all of you who said Slavia silently in your mind, I will let it slide, simply because I don't want to lose all my friends. Betzy, I can't believe you are scared of Seann Duffin.

Anonymous said...

Anything thing that starts with I have been talking to Justin and....is never a good sign when discussing your future life goals.