Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"We are going to Turkey." -Mika

I first must apologize for being so sporadic with my posting these days. I have really had a lot of work this week; it is midterm time and everyone is piling it on. Not only have a been busy with schoolwork, but because I have been busy with school work, nothing exciting has happened in my life. About the most exciting thing that happened to me yesterday was a cricket hiding out in my curtains, driving me bonkers while I scrambled to put the finishing touches on my 8 pg. paper. With all this work, Egypt has become less exciting and less like Egypt to me. Mika and I constantly have to remind each other that soon we will have a long break and be in Turkey! Only 10 days, a 10 pg. paper, an oral exam, and lots of patience standing in the way.

I am constantly frustrated by the disorganization of AUC, but always try to remind myself that it is Egypt and I just need to get used to it. But yesterday I was reminded that it isn't just Egypt. I think it must be a university incompetence issue. I have been trying to get my credits from IU to transfer to Duke since early September, but the red tape of Duke has been killing me. When I was preparing to sign up for classes for next fall, I noticed that the paperwork still hadn't been processed. Thanks to my father, we learned that Duke yet again lost my paperwork, but it has been found and promised to be processed by the end of the week. As we say in Egypt, in sha allah, or God willing, or hopefully.

I don't really think I have much else to say. I think I will relax, seeing as the work for this week is pretty much over for me. I'm going to read the Turkey travel book I just got from the library. Enjoy your Wednesdays.

No comments: