Thursday, April 2, 2009

"It's probably a bug." -"doctor" at the health center

My feet are going to fall off. It is bad news, but I'm trying to get used to the idea. Ok, maybe it is me just being over dramatic again, but I have a very interesting rash on both feet. They are very red, very itchy, and very swollen. It is quite uncomfortable and a little disconcerting, so I decided to go to the student health center. Waste of my time. First they tried to tell me I got bit by a bug, unable to explain why it was my entire foot and both feet. They gave me benadryl cream and sent me home. I could have taken care of myself. I just want to know the source of my problem. Sigh. Rashes on my feet in Egypt just don't make me very comfortable.

Other than that there is not much excitement in my life. I signed up for classes at Duke. I had a freak out moment when I couldn't register w/o a permission #, and I was told I didn't have to have one. Even though Duke screwed up another thing, they were quick to remedy it. Now I am signed up for classes, and imagining semesters back at Duke. I really miss Duke, but I don't know if I'm ready for the academic responsibility again. I feel like it is going to be a backwards culture shock to come home. But I really can't wait. I miss you all. Happy Thursday!

No comments: